Googling is my favorite thing to do in my spare time; therefore, while I was googling lame pick up lines, I decided to try something new and interesting. At first attempt, I typed in Woodstock School into google and out popped thousands of results titled or described as either “Welcome to Woodstock”, or simply, “Woodstock Alumni”. Bored of the results I decided to type in Woodstock School blog, and numerous of interesting results showed up. One was titled “No one’s listening, so I’m writing,” which sparked my interest because it was describing the Alma matter of Woodstock- education for a world of difference. The blogger who goes by the name nepaliketi, finds it odd that while she had to struggle to fight for education there are numerous kids in Nepal that are running around with education. Therefore, her having education has no effect on the world. She basically points out that schools like Woodstock, should take the effort into making education more easily accessible to kids, and only then will the alma matter actually become true. Another blogger, who goes by the name of Allison Moorer, describes how she and her other friends had raised money for Woodstock’s Art program and that to over $10,000 solely because Woodstock was low on funding. This blog aroused two questions from me, one why in the world would someone raise that much money for Woodstock, when they could easily donate it to some charity and two- how is it possible that Woodstock is low on funds, when it raises the admissions price practically every year. Just looking at these two blogs brings into perspective what others think of Woodstock and surprisingly, both comments are outrageous on positive notes and negative notes.
On another note, checking and writing about every blog about Woodstock would take a million years, therefore, instead of looking for blogs I actually googled images and came across an amazing accurate sketch of Woodstock (and the security officers are worried about how terrorists will get there information, well that is an obvious answer):
http://people.virginia.edu/~pm9k/woodstock/writings/living/6gate.jpgThere were also pictures of the Woodstock logo and of the campus. So it seems as if the security office might want to check out google for a little while. The people who have drawn this sketch have also written a book about Woodstock titled, Living on the Edge: Tales of Woodstock School. Never would I have imagined that there would be so many books just based off of Woodstock School. I guess in some cases it does come true that Woodstock is provides education for a world of difference.
Interesting stuff. And can you help me below?
ReplyDeleteThe sketch of the Woodstock gate - above - I'm not sure who the artist is, but it was on a simple placemat at one of the Woodstock School alum reunions in North America in the late 1990s. And I (pm9k) scanned and webbed it.
Can you help me? I think I am the only person in the world who went to Woodstock School (India, in the 1940s and 1950s) AND also went to the Woodstock Music Festival in 1969. Do you know of anyone else in the world who did both?