Monday, April 26, 2010

What Happens When You Google Image Woodstock...

Hello followers,

Well, if you have not figured out already, I have what you may call a hobby or an addiction of utilizing Google. I must say that ever since the verb form - google- has been added into the dictionary, it has officially become my new favorite verb. While on google doing some research, I came across an idea of google imaging just "Woodstock", "Woodstock India", and last, but not least "Woodstock School" just to see what kinds of images I would come across, and see how safe we really are from terrorists considering the access they have to the design of our campus. Well to begin with these are just the top first three pictures that appear on the Web page when I typed in

"Woodstock":
1.
Well that is quite interesting, but definitely not Woodstock

2
I have much difficulty deciphering what in the world this picture is about

3
If you know or even care about the slightest bit of American histor, then you would understand this considering that Woodstock was a hippie movement

- After looking at these three photos it seems that internationally Woodstock is beaten by the fame of the Woodstock movement in the United States, however, lets see what pops up when
the next phrase is typed in :

"Woodstock India"

1.
Well I guess you may just say that Woodstock security is useless since you can see the intensity of the security at the MAIN gate of the school

2.
Well I guess you could be happy that Rokeby is not included, at least ninth graders can be safe.

3.
Privacy Much??

Well after google imaging "Woodstock India" it seems that we hit a target and that Woodstock is actually quite famous around India, however, the privacy of the pictures is not really protected, and therefore, quite a shocker for Woodstock students. Well then I guess its time to move on to the last bit:

"Woodstock School"

1.
I don't know if I can call this Woodstock, but certainly this person has attempted to take photojournalism lessons from the Woodstock journalism teacher

2.
A bunch of Indians on hills, doesn't necessarily mean Woodstock? But the carpet does nicely contrast the huge unreadable billboard

3.
Of course the Woodstock logo remains famous on Google imaging

Well after looking through google images it seems that Woodstock security might be at minimal risk, but on a positive note it is a relatively popular school! And to back that theory up, Woodstock is actually considered the most admired International Schools in India, and that is a lot to say. So I guess a round of applause is necessary for the students because what is a school without students?


1 comment:

  1. I love your sarcastic comments, they're actually SO funny. I find them hillarious, that's why I find your blog fun to read. Plus I love how you've given the students credit for the school beingo famous for good things, it feels nice. Hehe... I like your blog, it's fun to read and well written.. Good job...

    ReplyDelete