Monday, May 3, 2010

How to get your way out of SMD's

Have you lately been having a bunch of demerits piled on top because of annoying teachers, or one second late tardiness. Well here is your chance to avoid attending SMD's. Now I must advise you not to do whatever I tell you in this blog, anything that you do has nothing to do with me, and you will not, I repeat, you will not be able to blame anything on me. Once again, for your safety and concern, I highly recommend that you do not follow this blog and anything you follow is based upon your own free will.



Well, now that the warnings are out of the way. Did you ever wonder what would happen if you received ten SMDs in one semester? Well let me first begin with background information about an SMD. SMD is short for Saturday Morning Detentions. To get a detention, one must accumulate three demerits within one quarter because each quarter the demerits are reset as well as the SMDs. Demerits can be given out because of inappropriate behavior: not bringing materials to class, and tardiness. Most people at this school, accumulate demerits because of tardiness, or simply because of one teacher that targets you. And there is absolutely no way out of getting a demerit. Once a teacher is set to give you a demerit begging, bribing, and even crying have absoutely no effect whatsoever on the teacher (trust me, I have the experience).



Now that you have the necessary information needed to know about SMDs, I shall begin to describe to you one simple way of getting out of it. First of all, if the SATs are offerred make sure to take the exam because its on a Saturday morning, and so you will have to miss it regardless. Secondly, become part of CARE and organize trips on Saturday morning just an hour or a half hour before SMD ends that way, you don't have to wake up to early and then you can possibly go down to Dehradun on that way (its a double positive)! Therefore, some Saturdays would be wasted. If, however, you can not find something to get out of the SMD, then just skip it. They'll threaten you, scare you, but at the maximum they will give you two extra SMDs. So by now, you have probably piled up so many SMDs that they would probably run over the semester. Now your job is half way done. I received some inside information from Mr. Egly that SMDs do not lead to conduct, and there is no other punishment greater then SMDs. Therefore, there really are no worries about not attending SMDs, the biggest worry, however, is getting a beat down by Mr. Spider, or even Mr. Dandyson. But your last goal is to avoid them at all costs, and life will be much easier and Saturdays will be much more peaceful and relaxing.

I must once again tell you to not heed this blog. Anything that you do is on your own free will.

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha, you wish it was that easy.
    At the end of all of this you'll have to clean a dumpster cause your SMD's have gone over board.. so you have to do community service.

    I think it's better to just attend one SMD then get those 2 extra and get double SMD..

    Also I love the names Spider and Dandyson, very creative- funny.

    Ps: If the demerit is for no valid reason I'm sure you can talk to Mr. Spider and get out off it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ps: Please double check on for the quater or semester.. cause I think my demerits from last quater are still classified as "pending" and not complete... where as Neha's were completed from last quater.

    ReplyDelete